Volunteering in the ClassroomTo volunteer in or out of the classroom for Junior Achievement, please use our handy Volunteer Interest Form, or contact Angie Houck at 360-2656 or AHouck@JuniorAchievement.biz. You can make the difference by delivering the JA classroom experience in as little as 2 1/2 hours per year.
Do You Have What It Takes to be a Classroom Consultant (In-Class Volunteer)?Why do business professionals (and their employees) value Junior Achievement?
- Your employees' public speaking and presentation skills are improved.
- The time commitment is 5 to 8 sessions of less than one hour each - per year.
- Garner public relations and potential advertising for your company and your profession.
- Experience the contentment of acting on your values and beliefs.
- Do something different - not part of your everyday routine.
- You/your employees will become more knowledgeable about educational issues.
- Focus on a part of the community in which you rarely interact.
- Develop, grow and inspire future workforce and business leaders.
- Give back to the community.
- Create business and personal relationships.
- Have an immediate impact on important community, business and social issues.
- JA's one-hour on-site training will have Classroom Consultants (that's you and your employees) feeling confident, and the "real" teacher is always in the classroom, too.
Become a Classroom Consultant (In-Class Volunteer)Volunteer Orientation Video
Training Packet for Classroom Consultants (Adobe PDF)
Become a Junior Achievement Classroom Consultant and make a difference in the life of a young person. The time commitment is 5 hours a year for grades kindergarten through sixth, 6 to 8 hours for seventh and eighth grade, and 8 to 10 hours for high school. You will be trained not only on the curriculum, but also on the age group to which you'll be presenting.
Junior Achievement welcomes the opportunity to discuss how you can participate in educating tomorrow's workforce. Please contact us to learn more about Junior Achievement's programs and how YOU can make a difference in the life of a young person.
To volunteer in or out of the classroom for Junior Achievement, please use our handy Volunteer Interest Form, or contact Angie Houck at 360-2656 or AHouck@JuniorAchievement.biz.
"Junior Achievement's mission is to educate and inspire young people to value free enterprise, business and economics to improve the quality of their lives. As a volunteer for over 14 years, I have the opportunity to pass this experience as well as 'real world' experiences on to a very receptive audience. My goal, at the very least, is to encourage the students to realize how what we deal with in the classroom affects them now. My vision is to inspire a budding entrepreneur to follow their dream - to understand what will be ahead of them as that dream is being realized, the highs and the lows, the risk and the reward - and become a successful, giving member of our world."
~ Brian Buralli, Central States Media.